1. The information we collect When you engage Elite’s services or sign up for information services we may collect and process the following data:
- Full name, title, company, postal address, email address, telephone number, fax number.
- Information that you send to us by postal service, information that you send to us by electronic communication (email), information that you provide to us by telephone or facsimile machine, information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website, eliteofficesolutions.com (the “Site”) and any other means of communication. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our transcription service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- “Individually Identifiable Health Information,” which is information, including demographic data, that relates to:
- the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
- the provision of health care to the individual; or
- the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual, and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual. Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number)
2. Uses made of the information We gather this information to allow us to deliver you the services you require including, but not limited to: transcription, EMR management, data input, and other office tasks. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents, and sub-contractors to provide you with the services that you have hired us to provide, to provide statements of your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of our service in general.
We do not use individually identifiable health information we collect for any purpose that is prohibited by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and we strictly comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule mandated by that Act.
We do not disclose any individually identifiable health information we collect for any purpose that is prohibited by HIPAA. We strictly comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule mandated by that Act. We may disclose individually identifiable health information in order to provide you with the services that you have retained Elite to provide, but not if such disclosure would violate HIPAA, the HIPAA Privacy Rule or the HIPAA Security Rule.
We follow all HIPAA regulations governing the management of personal health information (PHI). All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the United States, and all work is completed within the United States. The transmission of information via the Internet and email in particular is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We do not offshore any of your data (including audio files and completed documents) or otherwise send your data outside of the United States. We do not email any sensitive data containing PHI.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of Elite Office Solutions cover the secure storage, access and disclosure of your information.
5. How to contact us If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments, please direct them to:
Donna M. Littrell