Small Things to Help You, the Small Business Entrepreneur, Boost Your Sales, Your Number of Customers, and Your Business Efficiency!
For the last 12 weeks or so, this series has focused on ways you as an entrepreneur can boost your small business. We’ve talked about everything from marketing and social media to having the right mindset and the right business approach.
Although you’re sure to want to read all our blog posts, it doesn’t really matter what order you read them in. In fact, we’ve compiled the top 35 Great Ideas on How to Make Your Small Business More Successful.
Why 35? Because 2021 marks Elite Office Solutions’ 35th anniversary. Since 1986, we’ve helped companies of all sizes across the county do what they do better. From transcription and documentation solutions to virtual assistant services to marketing and promotions, Elite provides specialized expertise tailored to your office needs and workflows.
Small business is one niche we serve, especially with our marketing services and virtual assistant services. Many entrepreneurs get into business because they have a passion for something. But there are always office tasks that come with the territory. Marketing, writing business letters, maintaining a website, social media marketing – the list goes on. Elite’s team jumps in to help you with the tasks you can’t – or don’t want to – do so you can focus on your core business.
Without further ado then, here are 35 Great Ideas on How to Make Your Small Business More Successful.
35 Great Ideas on How to Make Your Small Business More Successful
- Get the Basics – business cards, website, logo
- Create a marketing plan
Before you start marketing, it’s good to create a plan detailing what you want to accomplish and how you’ll reach those goals. Be as detailed as possible, but be flexible too – you want to be able to pivot if you find one thing is working for you, but another isn’t.
- Go to where your customers are
- Start an Instagram account for your business’ mascot
- Engage your customers (don’t just talk to them)
Getting your customers to interact with you is much better than spouting messages at them. Social media is great for this. Ask customers to take and post selfies of themselves enjoying your product. You can even turn it into a contest. They feel more engaged with you AND they help spread your message to their friends!
- Become a thought leader
- Get testimonials and referrals
- Partner with other businesses
- Set business goals
- Create a budget
- Schedule your time
- Be open to some risk
Risk is inherent in small business. But there is such a thing as playing it too safe. Fear of losing your business can be real, but that fear can also lead to stagnation. That’s a risk in itself! Embrace calculated, planned-for risk and even budget for it. Risk will pay off with rewards in the long run.
- Embrace technology
- Take time to self-reflect
- Don’t go it alone
- Celebrate your achievements
- Surround yourself with cheerleaders
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Give yourself permission to risk failure
- Stop trying to be perfect
Perfectionism kills productivity. Sometimes, perfectionism happens in an honest attempt to “make things better.” Other times, it’s just an excuse to cover up your fears. Either way, the best way to fight perfectionism is to launch knowing that you can (and, likely will no matter what) change things along the way.
- Don’t give in to negativity
- Turn your what-ifs around
- Give yourself a shot of negativity every now and again
- If you’re a woman entrepreneur, read “The Confidence Code”
- Create a customer reward program
- Create a members-only club
- Ask for customer feedback
- Share your story
People will feel a closer connection to you and your business if you get more personal. Tell your story – why you launched your business, what you want to achieve, and where your passions lie. Most importantly, talk about why you want to help us.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy
- Align your social media marketing with your business goals
- Choose the right social media platforms for your business
- Measure the right metrics
Measuring “Likes” is nice, but it’s not enough. You can’t pay the bills with Likes! Try to be more specific such as how many sales are a direct result of your marketing plan. Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what triggered your customers to buy. But if you are reaching your marketing goals, then clearly you are doing something right!
- Hold a photo or other contest on social media
- Consider social media advertising
- Get someone to manage your social media marketing
Get the Help You Need (from the People Who Know!)
We know what it’s like to be a small business. After all, we’re a small business as well! We’re based in the Philadelphia area (Bucks County, to be precise), but we help entrepreneurs and businesses large and small across the country. Now, that’s even easier thanks to Zoom and other similar technologies. We also say we’re “virtually” down the hall. Now that’s more true than ever!
Contact Elite Office Solutions and let’s see how we can come up with some great ideas to make your small business more successful too. No matter what your needs, chances are we can put together a package that will:
- Free up your time to focus on your core business
- Get some stuff off your plate – especially stuff you’re not crazy about doing anyway
- Bring in the professionals for better results
The conversation is free, so you have nothing to lose. Call us right now at 800-977-8973 (or 215-491-0400 in the Philadelphia area) or contact us through our contact form.
Let’s get some great ideas for your small business and start boosting your sales!